Saturday, January 17, 2009

Travels

I am a guest at someone's house, there are several people there. I realize that I have been pretending to be blind and therefore must continue to keep up the illusion. I try to think of reasons to explain why I can move around so well despite the fact that I can't see.

Going to the airport, driving down roads in Alaska. At the airport, from the parking lot, I get in line for some sort of pod-like shuttle system, wherein one person is able to get in the shuttle car at a time--it reminds me of the futuristic public transportation designs that were once described to me by D. When my shuttle comes, it's a Segway. I get on and ride around, testing out the servo motors that keep it upright. It's faster, and more wobbly, than I would have expected. I ride up a flight of stairs in it.