Monday, July 2, 2007

Nightmare

I board some sort of passenger ferry that takes me to a bombed out city. Soon I'm being chased by unseen pursuers who are hunting some other band of people through the city. I hide, inside an abandoned store front under the sash of broken window. I hear gunshots and a woman's voice shouting. After they've passed by I run, eventually reaching a truck loading dock in some kind of warehouse. I search frantically for the ferry terminal so I can get back on and leave. I wind up in another loading dock. I try again. This time I find the ferry and jump on deck just as it's pulling out. I resolve next time I will observe the correct rules and ratios, just as the end of the dream is waking me up.

Out of body experience, walking on the street outside our house, through the front door (without opening it) and back to the bedroom. Vision is not very clear, I stop on occasion to try and make it clearer, with limited success.

I have a tiny pet chihuahua that I can hold in my hand. I'm worried about the responsibilities of owning such a dog.

I am reading a book for class. It is a famous work of literature, but it's mostly gibberish, until I realize that the key to reading it is to hold the page up to the light--some of the words on each page are printed backwards, and if you read them from behind, you can read the story.